butternut sundried tomato soup
Makes 8 servings
1 Medium sized butternut squash
1 Tsp minced garlic
1 Leek, tough green parts removed, cleaned and sliced
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Cup sundried tomatoes (not in oil), soaked at least 1 hour and drained
2 Cups salted vegetable broth
1 2/3 Cup low fat canned coconut milk (or your favorite nondairy milk)
1/2 Tsp ground cumin
1 Scoop PROFI Protein Booster
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Slice your squash in half lengthwise & remove the seeds. Lightly sprinkle the flesh of the squash with salt & then place face down on a baking sheet.
3. Add 1/4 cup of water to the pan & cook for 45-60 minutes or until the skin of the squash is tender enough to pierce with a fork.
4. While the squash is in the oven, saute the garlic & leeks with the olive oil over medium heat. Set aside.
5. Once the squash is cooked, place in a blender or food processor & puree along with the garlic & leek, sundried tomatoes, vegetable broth, coconut milk & cumin.*
6. Blend until completely smooth.
7. Add salt & pepper to taste.
* If you prefer a thinner soup, add extra vegetable broth.