1/3 Cup Mashed Potatoes, cooled in the fridge overnight
2/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1 Large Egg
2/3 Cup Milk (or milk alternative)
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
A Dash of Salt & Cinnamon
* For sweet pancakes: add 1-2 tbsp of sugar
* For savory pancakes: don’t use the vanilla or cinnamon
Cashew Creme Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Cashews, soaked in water overnight
Milk, to facilitate food processing
1 Tbsp Honey
Dash of Cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon).
- Add mashed potatoes, egg, milk (or substitute) and vanilla extract.
- Mix until only potato lumps disappear and the mixture is mostly smooth. Don’t overmix!
- Put a medium pan over low-medium heat. Add butter, cooking spray or other greasing agent.
- Using a ladle or large spoon, pour pancake mixture into the pan and move the pan to ensure that the batter is evenly distributed. Note: the pancake will not expand horizontally, so make sure you pour into the desired width right away.
- Cook one one side until the top starts to solidify and switch over. You can press down to cook through but you’ll see that the pancake will be quite thick and will not give.
- In a blender or small food processor, pour cashews and a small amount of milk (or substitute).
- Purée until smooth, adding liquid as required. Don’t add too much at a time or the mixture will be too liquid to use!
- Add cinnamon and honey, blend until smooth again.
Freeze for 30 minutes or refrigerate for a couple of hours. The freezer turns it into more of a whipped cream but it’s still quite good refrigerated too.