2 Cups Tempeh
1/4 Cup Cornstarch
1 Tsp Paprika
4 Cloves Garlic, Sliced & divided in half
4 Tsps Ginger, Grated & divided in half
2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
2 Tbsp Rice Wine
4 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup Oil
1/2 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
1/4 Cup Vegetable Broth
1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
2 Tbsp Water
1. Chop the tempeh into bite-sized pieces & transfer to a mixing bowl.
2. Add the cornstarch, paprika, 2 tbsp of ginger, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 tbsp of sesame oil, rice wine & 2 tbsp of soy sauce to the bowl. Mix until well incorporated. Cover & chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
3. Add oil to a pan on medium-heat. Fry the tempeh until browned on both sides. Remove from pan.
4. In the same pan, add in oil & sesame oil.
5. Add the remaining garlic, ginger & red pepper flakes & cook until golden brown (about a minute).
6. Add the tomato paste & vegetable broth, stir until well incorporated.
7. Add the remaining soy sauce, rice vinegar & honey & stir until all incorporated.
8. Add the cornstarch slurry (combine water & cornstarch in a separate bowl & mix until a paste forms) into the sauce & stir until the sauce thickens.
9. Add the tempeh to the sauce & mix.