- 2 Cups cooked basmati rice
- 1/4 Tsp of fresh or dehydrated cilantro, chopped finely
- 1 Medium tomato, diced
- 1 Lime
- 1 Avocado
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A pinch or small branch of cilantro for garnish
- In 2 medium serving bowls, split the rice evenly (1 cup each).
- Remove the avocado pit and spoon the flesh into a medium mixing bowl or in a food processor.
- Blend the avocado until smooth either with a fork or with your fancy machine.
- Pour the avocado into both bowls evenly. Stir until blended.
- Add chopped tomato, stir again.
- Slice the lime in half and squeeze the juice into both bowls (again, half and half).
- Add salt, pepper and cilantro.
- Stir again until the mixture looks like something you would eat.
PS – avocado obviously doesn’t keep well, so I suggest eating this as soon as possible. The lime juice will reduce oxidation but I wouldn’t push my luck with this. Bottom line: you want to eat this fresh!